I learned that a baby recieves half of its chromosomes from the mother and the other half of the chromosomes from the father. This is important because it means that you get half of your traits from your mother and the other traits from your father. Another thing I learned is that parents contribute the traits they give to their children randomly. This means that every child inherits a unique set of chromosomes.
One type of traits are physical traits, examples of this are hair color, eye color, and height. Another type of physical traits are predisposition to a medical condition. An example of this is heart disease, cancer, and certain mental illnesses. Another thing I learned is that our genes can determine some sorts of physical traits. For example our natural hair color or eye color, but anything like hair dye or contacts can change that color.
Why Cheesecake is So Darn Expensive: Part 1
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment